22 January, 2009

A meeting with the Rotary Club of Garoua / Une reunion avec le Rotary Club de Garoua

On January 12, I had the pleasure of attending with Emily a meeting of the Rotary Club of Garoua at the Hotel la Benoué. Emily and I were warmly received by the club President Njialeu Blaise and all of the other members. I shared information about how I was using my Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship, and they in turn told me about the club’s activities, which include some great work with an orphanage and rural schools. After the meeting, the club treated us to dinner at a nearby restaurant. Emily and I were both extremely grateful to be able to spend the evening with such friendly and generous hosts. I will now translate this into awful French.


Le 12 janvier, Emily et moi, nous étions ravis d’assister à une réunion du Rotary Club de Garoua à l’Hôtel la Benoué. Le président du club, NJIALEU Blaise, et tous les autres membres nous sont rendus très confortable. J’ai partagé des renseignements sur mon bourse de Rotary et mes études au Ghana. Ils nous ont parlé des projets du club. Ils travaillent avec une maison des enfants abandonnés et des écoles rurales. Après la réunion, les membres du club nous avons offert un repas à un restaurant proche. Emily et moi, nous étions très heureux de passer une soir avec des gens si gentils et si généreux. Maintenant, je vais traduire ceci en français horrible.

No comments: